Friday, May 27, 2011

Introduction

Hi everyone! I enjoy writing so I'm going down the blogging road. I don't have any idea where I'll end up but I hope I can make some friends along the way while promoting a holistic approach to wellness. Please see "about me" for more information on what I'm doing right now.

To get started, I call this blog "The Herbal Woman" because I want to focus mostly on women's health issues and how holistic herbal protocols can assist us to achieve wellness. But since both men (husbands, lovers, fathers, brothers, friends, sons) and children are an important part of our life this blog can interest them as well, and be a conduit for communication of wellness issues and protocols for the important people in our life.

I've always been interested in herbs, firstly from a gardening and culinary standpoint when I was a teen. Then in my early twenties I began experimenting with cosmetic herbal preparations.  Every year I had a large vegetable garden and herbs were a big part of it, even when circumstance put me into a communications career that would span almost three decades. Now I'm back to my "roots" so to speak, and enjoying every minute of the time I can spend learning about and making new formulas using herbal and natural ingredients while achieving a diploma is aromatherapy. I'll get more into that in future blog postings.

To pick a topic to blog about so that reading this is more worthwhile and not just about "me, me, me", I'd like to start a discussion on the use of herbs or essential oils for their antioxidant properties. As we know, many foods supply us with what the doctors and nutritionists tell us are important antioxidants that fight disease by eradicating free radicals in our bodies. But what does this really mean, and is food the best natural source of antioxidants? What do you think? I'll write more once I hear back from you. This blog is based on a good give and take, so I will get as much out of this as hopefully you will! I'll write more soon on this important topic after a few days. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam!
    Congratulations on your new blog! I look forward to reading it. See you in class!

    Dorine

    ReplyDelete